Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BIllerica Yankee Doodle Weekend


The Yankee Doodle weekend was a huge success. Although my space was larger than any space I had ever had, I seemed to make it work.
The weekend began with a parade that headed straight down the street in front of my space. It was fun, loud and most definitely colorful. As the parade dwindled down, the people began filtering in.

I sold many brooches, in fact sold almost everything I had made of felt. You can expect these cozy felt brooches to appear in the shop over the next few weeks (stock needs to be replenished).

We had a few close calls because of the crazy wind on day two, but no catastrophes and most of the display remained in tac.

The wreaths were a huge hit. Everyone stopped by and gawked at them, telling me how lovely they were. I am planning on having the remainder of them in the shop by the end of the week, so if you are extremely excited (like I am) then hold on to your hats for a few more days...

All in all, it was a good weekend. I have to take one moment again to thank D for helping me and everything he has done for Bright & Cloudy over the past couple of weeks. From creating my headband displayer from pool noodles, to figuring out how to weight down my tent so it wouldn't blow away- and everything in between. I thank you again.


To see more pictures please visit my photostream here.





No comments:

Post a Comment