Sunday, June 16, 2013

COZYmade Shop Update & Other News

So the shop will be closed for a few weeks. The truth of the matter is that I haven't been paying the attention to it that it deserves with other projects taking over. I have a whole list of new items I want to make, but I just haven't had the time.



What have you been spending all your time on you ask? Well here is my life right now in a nutshell.

  • I am currently in the process of looking for a new job.
    I am still employed full time, but my employment is coming to an end and would like the smallest gap as possible in employment. They always say it's easier to find a job when you have one. I am putting this to the test and exploring my options. For those of you who are new to the blog, I am a graphic designer by trade. Since I have started looking for a new full time job (about 3 months and counting)- the idea of working for myself has been circling my head daily. Ideally, I would love to work up to this point, but I am not currently in a situation where I can afford not to have a steady paycheck. But I can still dream.
  • I have been doing a lot of freelance design work.
    With the idea of working for myself circling my head daily... I have taken on many freelance jobs this year. I have worked with many clients on projects such as wedding invitations, trade show materials, re-branding and brand new logo/identity sets. On top of my design freelance I have also taken a few handmade custom orders that are larger than usual or what I am use to. Aka... quantity of 100 vs a quantity of one.
  • COZYmade will be sharing a booth at the Vintage Bazaar.
    So despite the fact that I have been so busy and have not been keeping up with inventory. I am sharing a booth for 2 days at the Vintage Bazaar with Remixed by Jacki. I have been working like crazy to get inventory to bring with me. A few sneak peaks here and here. The fair is this weekend! June 22nd & 23rd. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello.
  • House/Car Etc
    I have been looking for a house for longer than this year, but now more than ever I feel the need to put down roots. So while I was working towards this major life purchase.... of course my beloved Mini Cooper died. I knew I had needed a new car for a while now, but was hoping to get through the end of the year. Moving on... I have purchased a new Nissan Juke and am in love.

I am excited to share with you new products and give the shop a little face lift. I am hoping the shop will reopen July 5th just in time for a super-fantastic "Christmas in July" Sale. I will keep you posted. In the meantime stay connected by following me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for sneak peaks, fair updates and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment