This project was super easy. Basic instructions are as follows:
- Styrofoam Wreath
- Standard Coffee Filters (white or unbleached)
- Hot Glue
- Felt (optional)
- Fold a filter in half, then in half again.
- Put a small amount of glue on the pointed end of the folded coffee filter.
- Press to styrofoam wreath.
- Repeat until entire wreath is covered.
- Cover the back of the wreath with felt if desired.
Here are a few pics of my progress:
- The amount of filters you will need will depend on the size of your styrofoam wreath. I used just under 100 filters for this 12" wreath.
- I tried to glue the filters as close together as possible, fluffing them up as I went. This made it easy to spot and fill holes.
- Other tutorials mention that you may need to trim the filters that stick out a little too much, but I didn't do this.
- Although I kept mine white, you can also dye or color the coffee filters before attaching them to the wreath.
- The plain wreath is great for embellishing for different seasons. I ended up attaching a birthday banner to it, but it can easily be decorated for christmas, fall, summer etc.